Origami Paddler Product Policies
Warranties, Shipments, Returns, Refunds, and Exchanges
By purchasing an Origami Paddler product you are a member of our Origami Paddler Family!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions about your order.
We pride ourselves on being a sustainable business - a sustainable company that values our employees and honors their work.
At Origami Paddler we do things the right way, and that means the products we create are both good for the planet and great for you to use!
ORIGAMI PADDLER WARRANTY
We guarantee against any abnormal defect in workmanship and materials within a year of purchase.
If you receive an item that is defective or incorrect please email email@example.com so we can make it right.
In your email, enclose a summary of the defects or incorrect information.
If an item arrives to you damaged, please enclose images of the defect.
ORDER PROCESSING TIME
When we reach production in Spring 2021, we will process most orders in 3-5 business days.
We process most returns and exchanges in 10-15 business days.
Adjustments to credit cards will be made within 2 billing cycles.
We will happily exchange or refund any item found to be defective or incorrect. For defective or incorrect items, we will incur the cost of the return shipping charges.
Once we receive your email and information and any images you can provide about the defect or item that needs correction, we will review it as quickly as possible.
If the item needs to be returned or replaced we will:
- Email you a printable shipping label to return the item.
- Once we receive the item we will send you a replacement to the approved address.
If the item shows signs of wear or damage you will be notified as to how best to handle the return shipping fees back to you.
If you require expedited shipping service for your exchange, please indicate that in your email communication. Shipping fees will be charged accordingly.
ITEMS DAMAGED IN SHIPPING
Please notify us immediately so we can take the proper steps to replace the damaged merchandise.
If you are being asked to receive a paddle board that is damaged, refuse to accept merchandise by writing “Refused due to damage” on the BOL and return the shipment to the driver. If damaged merchandise is left at your door and you did not have a chance to refuse it, document the damage immediately and contact us.
DAMAGE AFTER ACCEPTING SHIPMENT
If you have signed for and accepted the shipment, then noticed damage to your item, you have three (3) business days to file a claim from the date of delivery – any claims filed outside of this window may result in the claim being denied and/or the customer being responsible for shipping charges.
To file a claim, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary and images of the damage.
Please note that we are not responsible for packages damaged or lost in transit or return shipping costs. We highly recommend adding insurance and tracking information to your package through a carrier such as USPS, UPS or FedEx.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Accessories may be returned or exchanged 30 days from the date of purchase. The accessory must still be in packaging, new condition.
Paddle boards may be exchanged for purchase price credit within 10 DAYS only under the following conditions:
- The Paddle Board is in new and unused condition. It has not been ridden.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping and custom (if apply) charges to exchange the paddle board.
- A $20 restocking fee will be charged for all exchanges.
Origami Paddler is not responsible for returned merchandise that is damaged or lost in transit.
DAMAGE AND DEFECTS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Damage or defects caused by impact with any materials or objects (rocks, docks, other boards, etc).
- Damage or defects caused by use outside of normal, intended purpose.
- Damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, or out of water handling, including marks left by over tightening transport straps.
- Damage or defects caused by heel dents also known as pressure dings.
- Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage, like storing in excessive heat or direct sunlight for an excessive period of time.
- Damage or defects caused by wave impact and/or impact with ocean/lake/stream floor.
- Boards used in rental, commercial, or teaching environments.
- Damage to fin or fin box caused by impact to the fin.
- Any customer-initiated modifications to the board.
- Damage due to improper accessory application.
- Cosmetic damage that does not affect product use.
We are currently shipping in all locations in the continental USA.
If you select USPS as your shipping provider, please understand that the U.S. Post Office does not guarantee estimated ship times.
Once we begin shipping from inventory in mid-2021, please allow up to five days processing time before your items are shipped. These days are in addition to the estimated days to delivery given by the shipping provider.
COVID Notice: Shipping is taking longer than usual these days, so please keep that in mind when you place your order. Both the U.S. Postal Service and private carriers expect shipping delays right now.
We'll get your items shipped as quickly as possible, but we unfortunately can't control how quickly shipping services can get your items to your doorstep.
We've been getting reports of items marked as "delivered" 24-48 hours before they actually arrive. Again, we don't have control over the delivery, but if you don't receive your items within a few days of their delivery date, please let us know. You will be provided with a tracking number by email when your product ships.
For orders outside North America, it may take weeks to receive your order, depending on the customs procedures of the receiving country.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING Time Estimates:
If you experience a delay in shipping, please contact us within 30 days.
UPS does not keep shipment tracking records past 30 days, so if you do not receive your shipment or your shipment is damaged, please contact us within 30 days, and we will be happy to help.
You are also responsible for paying any governmental taxes imposed in connection with use of the Site or the purchase or any products or services made available through the Site, including sales, use, value-added, and excise taxes.